Don’t be confused by the title.
That guy doesn’t refer to a male who is older than 18 years old.
So, he is definitely not one of the 11.20.20 student.
Story begins: (p/s: I’m not a good narrator.)
This evening @ 5.30pm, I asked Ashkurina(ash) out to enjoy some indoor activity – ping pong (just having a break while working hard for the As exam coming soon).
But, it’s kind of different this time. I felt not energetically as usual (Am I hungry?), thus I can’t get the ball most of the time.
“It’s weird, really weird!” I told Ash.
Later, a small and young guy… more specifically a kid came in.
Ash flashed a smile to him. (Is it the effect of the 1 week Smile Brings Bless campaign held by the counselling club here started from yesterday?)
He just stared at her. No reaction….
“Ha, ash! He didn’t smile back!” I was grinning.
After a second, he smiled back. A friendly and warm smile by him.
“ See, he smiled back to me. He’s so cute,” Ash said happily.
“And charming,” I added honestly.
Then, we continue playing while he enjoyed to skate (floor is slippery).
He felled down. I gasped (over reacting again).
“Tak sakit pun,” he answered with a smile again.
Around 6.45pm, Cheng came with Khee Min (Indonesia bound) to play ping pong.
“Let’s play double,” I forgot whether I said it or Ash said since there is only one ping pong table available as the other two was used by UiTM students for practise.
So, Ash and me teamed up while Cheng and Khee Min teamed up.
It’s a girl versus boy game (playing for fun only).
“Tension!!” I said to myself.
Khee Min is a good player.
Record: Represented Red team for double and got 2nd place in sports week.
Cheng is a good player too.
Record: Third place in both single and mix- double at the sports week.
At the end, the ball kept went out from the table while we were playing mostly due to my poor skills.
Most important thing is it kept “fly” to the kid’s site. He happily picked up for us every time no matter how far is it.
P/s: Ash was standing beside him.
“Why don’t you ask him a question every time he returns the ball to you?” I joked.
“Adik, nama adik apa?” asked Ash with Cheng when they seized the chance.
“Haziq,” he answered shyly. (I don’t know how to spell his name.)
“This is the 3rd Haziq @ 11.20.20. All 11 also got 1 Haziq,” Cheng from All 11 said.
Continue playing.
Because of Khee Min’s good skills and I don’t know what type of ball he is playing, I started to wonder where is he from.
“Khee Min, where are you from?” I asked in Mandarin. Ash laugh. She understands.
“Pahang,”
“Xing Hui, you are interested with him,” Ash laughed.
I laughed with “No.” Miss the ball again. Easily distracted.
Then, I forgot what happened that make Ash asked “Xing Hui, are you interested in Cheng?”
“NOOO!!” I rolled up my eyes and screamed softly.
At that moment, Cheng started the ball but miss it.
“Even the ball also disagrees with you,” I said to Ash. Still laughing.
“What’s your qualification?” asked the curious Ash.
“I wanted to find someone who knows how to cook,” I said half-jokingly.
“Khee Min, do you know how to cook?” asked the curious Ash.
“Ash, you asked too straight forward. You should ask do you have a rice cooker?” I said. Because there is only a few male apartment that have this item in it.
Ash repeated my question.
“No,” Khee Min answered with a smile while I kept laughing due to the silly question I created. Perhaps that is the reason why I can’t play ping pong nicely today.
Ash looked at Cheng. I know what will happen.
“Cheng’s apartment does not have a rice cooker,” I said before she could ask him, saving her energy.
“Oh! So, they are out of the list,” said Ash who turned to Haziq.
Before I can predict what will happen, Ash already stop playing ping pong and started asking Haziq.
“Adik ada rice cooker kat rumah tak?” asked Ash.
“Adik tau masak?” asked Ash by changing the question. Worried that he doesn’t understand. I think.
He nodded his small head answering “tau” softly.
“Wow, he knows how to cook! Although he is 12 years younger than you, but he is cute and charming, growing up to be a handsome guy and most important thing is he knows how to cook!” I joked.
“I know how to fried eggs,” Cheng said. Perhaps he thought that we were ignoring him.
“We know how to fried eggs,” said us together. (p/s: we are not looking for guys that know how to fried eggs and cook instant noodle only)
Continue playing again.
“What’s your next qualification?” a question popped out from Ash.
“Taekwando,” the first thing I can think in my mind because I don’t know it.
“Khee Min, do you learned taekwando?” Ash asked.
“No,” Khee Min smile again.
“Cheng looks like don’t,” Ash said. Is she trying to save her energy?
Haziq again.
“I don’t think he knows,” Ash said to me while playing without asking Haziq.
“Silat is also acceptable,” I said. Thinking for Ash.
“He’s so young. He still has time to learn,”
“Ok. He passed. He really worth waiting,” I joked again.
Next question….
“Musical Instruments,” I said. Missing my piano.
“What type of musical instruments?”
“Any type but not drums because it’s noisy,”
“But, I like drums. Is guitar acceptable?”
I paused for a while. “Yes!”
Without asking both guys…..
“He’s only 7. Still got plenty of time to learn,” Ash said.
“He is really worth waiting,” I concluded it.
I wandered why Cheng didn’t say that he knows how to play guitar.
The story ends with my non-stop laughter + misses many balls.
I have to say that I’m not trying to create chance for Ash to ask Haziq question.
I came back to apartment after having dinner at café.
I told Sheih Nee. She smiled upon listening to it while looking at her books.
I opened the room’s door which was close by Wei Lin.
I went in to take my clothes for shower.
Wei Lin was reading her “Eclipse” by Stephenie Meyer at that time on bed.
“A baby is reading a book on her bed,” I smiled to Wei Lin because her posture on bed looks like one.
“A baby doesn’t read book!” Wei Lin laughed.
“I’m trying to explain the situation but used unsuitable words instead,” I admitted I’m wrong but still protesting.
So, I told her the story while taking out my clothes from the cupboard.
She laughed. And laughed.
So, I think it’s funny and decided to share it here with all of you.
If it’s not funny, there is something wrong with you.
Lack of imagination, perhaps.
P/s: I want to apologize to Cheng and Khee Min because I was so distracted and can’t play ping pong properly. I’m really sorry.
Posted by
Emma Teh
21/04/2009
11.00pm
No comments:
Post a Comment