First day of Orientation:
I’m so happy and excited!!! Had been waiting long till this day…
When I woke up around 7.15am this morning, saw one junior just reached here from my balcony.
So early!! The registration is only open at 9am.
Then, a few juniors more.
When I go to the class at 8am, there’s already plenty of juniors and their parents waiting under the canopy or walking around.
Finally, after class, walking around the college from tangga 2 till tangga 12 then tangga 12 to tangga 2 to see the juniors while drinking Nescafe.
When Aileen and me was talking, an Indian lady approached Aileen and gave her a name card. I went and see. It was one of the transport’s number.
I told her we got the number. She said: “ if you all need transport, call this number,” Aileen explained to her that we are actually seniors not juniors and we already got the number. She seized her mistake and said that she thought that we are juniors. (Haha, Happy to be known as juniors!!)
Then, I was finding Lilian’s junior to ask him something that Joel request me to do.
When I found him, I was asked to take care of the luggages while they go buy things from minimart.
Then, I volunteer to help him to carry his pails with Lilian to his tangga.
First time I’m in boy’s tangga. SUPER CLEAN!!!!
BUT…… NOT IN THE APARTMENT!!
When I went in, one of his housemate’s parent from somewhere around border of Penang and Perak asked me in Mandarin: “did you bring mop?”
I was wandering later whether the parent thought that I’ll be staying there too with his son?
I was blur… Then, I said: “Sorry, I’m a senior,” which the word “senior” I spoke in English.
I think the parent didn’t understand and I forget how to say it in Mandarin.
Luckily, his son (until now I still don’t know his name but I know his Poland bound) told her that I’m senior.
Then, we are like having Q & A session.
Later, another junior came. He’s from Kelantan. I also don’t know his name and bound…
Then, another Q & A session.
Finally, I go out from their apartment as I seized Lilian is going too.
I met Wong, Joel and Choong was busy walking around the college giving up pamplets to sell books.
Joel wanted to sell bookshelfs, washing machines, pails, water heater and etc and he actually came up with the idea of “KTT’s IKEA”. SO SMART!! I would never think of that.
Later, I spoked to some parents too.
At around 12pm, all of the students that in charge with the buffet line met at the café.
Waited for so long before the Buffet can be served.
I’m in charged of the Student’s side which means I have to “serve” the juniors.
Due to the lack of food there, we made the 2 buffet line into 1. It supposingly to be 1 line for girls and 1 for boys.
When the food is about half left, I walked to the café to ask them to bring more. (The buffet is served at the hall). But, they are quite slow. So, I went a few times until I’m so so so dizzy. Have to sacrifice to have fun.
After lunch, the juniors had their briefing and I managed to go back to apartment for a nice bath after the work.
When sitting nicely at Library to study, announcement was made that all facilitators of the orientation program have to meet at the hall at 4.30pm for ice-breaking session with the juniors.
After showing our faces to the juniors, I went back.
At 9pm, I’m involved with the LDK (Latihan dalam kumpulan). I’m in Group 5 with Ash, Farah (Sandy), Krinath and Harwinder.
And that is the very first time I hear the college’s song sang by the lecturers because she can’t find the music.
Then, we were having some real ice-breaking session with the Group 5 juniors. (not breaking the ice)
We were playing a game.
All the 26 juniors were required to sit in a circle after we introduced ourself to them.
Then, the first person Ash point have to start to introduce himself.
“Hi everyone! My name is Krishna Velu Chandra Segaran. I’m from Pahang”
Then, the second person said “My name is Keeshan Raj. I’m from (I forgot where). His name is Krishna Velu Chandra Segaran,”
The third person : “My name is Amierul. His name is Krishna Chandra Velu Segaran and his name is Keeshan Raj,”
The last person have to say all 26 people’s name (including himself).
But, pity him. He can’t remember all the names. I also cannot because I didn’t pay attention at the behind part as I was listening to Eric, CCC and Quennie talked about the PCP. What a bad Faci I am.
Then, we played a game.
We were divided into 2 groups and 2 people were holding a blanket to separate us from seeing each other.
One person from each group is required to stand behind the blanket.
When the blanket drops, we have to shout the opponent’s name.
The one who say it slow have to go to the winner’s group.
When it is my turn, I said his name correctly as we recognised his shoes. I think he don’t know my name.
Then, another turn. My opponent and I said it together.
The third round, I loose because I thought ash didn’t change the opponent but she did.
At last, the group that I’m in at the beginning loose…….
While we were playing, a junior asked Ash’s permission to go out to call his parents. Ash gave.
Then, later at the end of the day. The junior that I won him answered his phone when Ash was talking.
So, Ash said jokingly: “ those who want to call his/her parents, boyfriend and girlfriend faster call now,”
A girl from East Malaysia cried. Ash and us were shocked. Ash then comfort her. The girl’s friend that sat beside her also comfort her but at the end, it turn up to be both of them crying together.
They must be missing their home. I missed my home too when I come here. But now, I already fall in love with this college.
So, that’s the end of the first day of orientation.
p/s: More stories coming soon.
Posted by
Emma Teh
10/07/2009
12:43am
No comments:
Post a Comment