Nyonya Restaurant that Sharon recommended.
It’s called “Donald & Lily Corner”.
This pic only shows the cendol stall but the shop is upstairs.
Donald & Lily Corner located @ the street beside Herren Street.
Name: Nasi Ayam Ponteh
Price: RM5.50
My opinion: Tasty. The Belacan was SUPERB!!
Recipe: White rice served with Vege (fried cabbage), Belacan and Ayam Ponteh.
Name: Ayam Ponteh
My opinion: This is just a close view of the food. It’s quite delicious.
Recipe: Chicken meat, Potato, Mushroon, Fermented bean sauce (taucu).
Name: Nasi Minyak Ayam rendang a.k.a. Nasi Minyak
Price: RM6.50
My opinion: This is my favourite dish in Donald & Lily. Just that it’s not that piping hot.
Recipe: Nasi Minyak served with Ayam Rendang, vege (fried cabbage) and some appetizer (pineapple & onion).
Name: Nyonya Laksa (for the penang folks is curry mee).
Price: I forgot. But it’s below RM5.00
My opinion: It’s not that tasty as I expected. When I order, I even thought it is something like penang assam laksa. But it’s really good compared to KL’s curry mee. The lemak is too much maybe this is the style of it. But overall, Ok. It’s strongly recommend by my friends who ate it.
Recipe: Mee/Bihun or both, served with curry lemak and fishball, taufu pok, sambal etc.
Name: Taufu Rojak
Price: RM7.00 if I’m not mistaken.
My opinion: Ok. The sauce is actually KL’s chee cheong fun’s sauce with some chilli sauce. But, I don’t really recommend it because it’s nothing special for me.
Recipe: Taufu, Fishcake, Fucok served with chee cheong fun sauce and chilli sauce.
Name: Nyonya Cendol
Price: RM2.50
My Opinion: It’s special. This is the first time I saw sago in the cendol. The cendol is quite nice due to the unique taste of Gula Melaka. Quite worth it!
Recipe: Ice, green bean noodles (cendol), santan, big red beans, gula melaka, sago.
Name: Chicken Rice Ball (from 和记鸡饭 @ Jonker Street).
Price: I don’t know.
My opinion: 5 rice balls = 1 plate of rice. The rice ball is very nice and you can eat on it’s own!!
Recipe: Rice cooked with chicken oil i guess.
Name: 1/2 白斩鸡 (chicken)
Price: RM14.00
My opinion: SUPERB. They cut it very small. The meat is very tender so it’s suitable for old folks and children.
Recipe: Chicken served with soy sauce and cucumber.
Name: Assam Fish
Price: RM17.00 for the 鱼肉 and RM25.00 for 鱼尾.
My Opinion: I love the Assam curry. The fish is ok too. But this time, it’s a bit too sour. But, GOOD!!
Recipe: Fish cooked with Assam curry and served with ladies fingers.
Just a random pic of a souvenir shop boss and unique Melaka Lantern.
“Kok Kok Shoe” keychain which I searced high & low @ Melaka town for 2 days.
Nice Batik Dumplings!!
Batik Dumplings.
No comments:
Post a Comment